Welding & Fabrication
Here at Taylor engineering and Fabrications, our combination of CNC machinery and coded welders enable us to be a one stop shop for all your engineering needs.
Fabrication and Manufacturing
Our capacity includes:
- 150 ton 4 meter brake press
- Guillotine 3 metres x 6mm thick
- Power rolls
- Mild steel, Aluminium and Stainless welding
- Site call out - all types of gates and fencing designed manufactured and installed and including on site repairs to all the above
- Specialists in the manufacture of steelwork for all types of signs, including forecourt totems and other large steel sub-structures
- All of our staff are coded welders
- NC Lathe and Milling machines
- Manufacture and repair Hydraulic cylinders
- Hydraulic test rig allows us to test repairs to hydraulic cylinders, fuel and oil tanks
- Specialists in all dustcart hoist, hopper and body repairs
- All types of steel repairs/flooring for vehicles – made to measure and fitted
- Machine all types of material from plastic to aluminium to stainless steel
- Supply all types of steel in all shapes cut to size (RSJ’s, Sheets, Box section, Profiles)
We manufacture a variety of hydraulic cylinders at our site in Birmingham. We can test, re-seal, and adapt cylinders to suit your needs. Whether you have a leaking ram and need us to examine it to see what’s causing the leak, or if you need to reduce the stroke length of an existing cylinder we are happy to help. We have state of the art CNC machines on site so If your cylinder has a damaged part be it the piston, gland nut, chrome or tube; We can manufacture it here from the old part and re-assemble and test the ram for you.
We specialise in dustcart and other waste collection vehicle repairs. We can repair all types of dustcart from Front end loaders to Hook lifts and skip loaders. We have a combined total of over 50 years’ experience in the refuse industry.
We can offer:
- To supply or supply and fit new body or hopper floors
- Blade and/or slide refurbishment
- Cylinder replacement (we can also repair cylinders if economically viable)
- Cylinder seal replacement
- Hoist overhaul (Take apart hoist and/or slide and change all damaged parts)
- Any necessary welding repairs done by coded welders
- Grind out any cracks and weld them up. Then plate over if necessary.
- Supply and fit new lifting hooks
- Supply and fit new net carrier arms and net roller on sheeting systems
- Supply and fit side cheeks for the inside of dustcart hoppers
- We can paint our repairs to your vehicle to any RAL colour to suit your fleet
- We offer a collection and delivery service to bring your vehicle to our workshop for repairs and deliver them when complete
We keep over 2500 parts in stock for next day delivery from our stores in Birmingham. If it’s a special part not stocked, we can manufacture here from our workshop getting your vehicle back on the road as quickly as possible.
If you’re waiting for a machined part for your vehicle from overseas and it has a long lead time we may be able to manufacture it quicker and cheaper to get your vehicle back up and running. We only replace what is absolutely necessary and we refurbish what we can to extend the life of your vehicle whilst keeping the costs down.
Welding is fundamental to engineering and manufacturing. Without the ability to make strong and durable connections between materials it would be impossible to produce the many different items we all rely on in our everyday lives – from the very large (buildings, pipelines, trains and bridges) to the very small (medical implants and electronic devices).